Kitchen Renovation: Touch of Retro
About this project
A young family was looking to update their kitchen to a clean, open design that would add more usable space to their kitchen and more equity to their North Vancouver home. First, however, we had to remove asbestos and add structural framing in order to vault the ceiling. And it all had to be done under a tight timeframe, mindful of the stork that would soon be bringing them another bundle of joy.
We couldn’t increase the actual dimensions, but with an enhanced flow and more space the kitchen now feels much larger—thanks to wider doorways, a smarter cabinet layout and improved work triangle functionality.
- Live edge shelving
- Stainless steel backsplash
- Blue pendant lights and subway tile together add a dash of retro sixties flair
- High efficiency appliances
- Blue flame cooking
- Did we mention the asbestos we had to remove?
- Spray foam applied to exterior walls & ceilings
- Engineered flooring for longevity
- Countertop matches window sill treatment
- That stainless steel backsplash with epoxy grout sure makes cleanup easier!