Original North Vancouver rancher turns into a two story family home.
This project started as an addition to a rancher. Through the process, the clients realized that the costs of doing this still would not get them the finished product they wanted (and needed). So, then we designed a very functional and well thought out 2nd story addition for them, which took some time to digest… But once they were in, they were all in! This project included:
- Main Floor:
- Additions to both the front and the rear of the home to provide more space for the kitchen, space for the stairwell, and little more depth for the garage
- Totally reconfigured to include: Powder, Mud/Laundry Room, open Family Room with vaulted ceilings, separate living room (so when entertaining, the kids can hang out in the family room and the adults can hang in the living room), over-sized flex room for future exercise/office/bedroom.
- Vaulted exterior and interior foyer/front entry
- Second Story (all new):
- Three (3) bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Master suite includes generous bedroom, spacious walk in closet, with ensuite bath consisting of an over-sized shower and a two sink his/hers vanity.
- Outside, the client never wavered from wanting covered outdoor living space. So, we designed a pergola and roof/siding details to accommodate a new covered pergola with fir rafters and lightly smoked glass (so you don’t totally bake in the hot summer sun). Oh yeah, there’s a hot tub and fire pit too. A great area to retreat and have a glass of wine at the end of a hard day.
- Home includes:
- High efficiency on demand hot water that also serves to heat the home through a new high efficiency high velocity forced air system (roughed in for air conditioning)
- New high efficiency appliances (fridges, dishwasher, induction cooktop, wall oven and microwave, wine fridge)
- Extremely air tight building envelope complete with better than code insulation
Exterior pictures to come! Stay tuned…