About This Project
North Vancouver whole home renovation designed and built by Sprucehill Contracting Inc.
The client wanted their small yet charming North Shore home to have more organized, intelligently planned space, so we flipped the floorplan in this whole home renovation.
- Remember the prank where you send your crew’s greenhorn to find a ‘wall expander’? Ah, good times. Except we wished such a thing really existed, because adding space within the existing floor area was a major challenge with this home renovation!
- Upstairs, they didn’t have a full bathroom. And they needed one. No one should have to go on a trek just to have their morning shower.
- Vaulted ceilings imposed serious space limitations for non-leprechauns.
- Clients wanted office space that could double as a sewing area. Work hard, sew hard.
- We removed many walls — plus a chimney — to open the main floor.
- Added a master suite and two kids’ bedrooms upstairs to this renovated home.
- A second sliding-door increased the home’s useable area, improving indoor/outdoor flow.
- When we moved the master bedroom, we used the bump-out on the main floor to help create an ensuite.
- We created a kitchen island seating six.
- The original stairs were impossibly steep, unless you’re an ibex. In this renovation, we extended them, reducing the grade to make them more gradual, and added a glass rail to keep the open flow
This North Vancouver whole home renovation is a 2019 Georgie Award finalist